Viddler is hiring a full time Linux Systems Engineer.
The Linux Systems Engineer will be responsible for operating, maintaining, and improving the systems infrastructure and application development platform for an online Software-as-a-Service supplier.
Viddler is an online video platform that services such great clients as Gawker, Engadget, T-Mobile and many others. We are a small, tight knit team that enjoys taking lunch together and working hard to make the best experience for our customers. The goal of Viddler is to make video hosting easy for all companies without the cluter of some of our competitors. We want our clients to be able to host their videos how and where they want it, and give them control over who sees them.
We offer a competitive salary, vacation and 100% paid health benefits as soon as you join aboard. Here at Viddler we enjoy interacting with each other and do provide lunches twice a week to foster the team atmosphere.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage the development, test, and production environments for an organization that delivers content and services to customers via the Internet, browsers, and mobile devices.
- Strong Background in *nix Systems Administration, specifically Debian and Ubuntu.
- Experience with cloud based hosting, specifically AWS.
- Working knowledge and ability to manage DNS servers.
- Experience migrating from physical servers to cloud servers.
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex systems, and drilling down to resolve problems.
- Experience with Version Control systems, specifically with Git, and writing hooks.
- Comprehensive experience supporting Java, REST web services & Tomcat in a *nix environment.
- Experience with deployments, resolving issues quickly, including the use of puppet stages.
- Monitor Systems health to ensure 100% up time.
- Solid understanding of current web and Internet technologies like Apache, Tomcat, NGinx, Memcache, APC, Varnish, CDN, Dynamic DNS.
- Experience with cloud and virtualization platforms like VMWare, Xen, Hyper-V, Openstack.
- Clear understanding of bendor based and open source networking technologies (Load Balancers, Firewalls, Switches, etc).
- Demonstrated ability working with tools similar to those defined above as well as the ability to quickly adapt.
Nice to Have:
- Experience installing, configuring and Maintaining Puppet.
- Experience with the Ruby language and knowledge of extending Puppet by writing custom modules.
- Ability to write custom facts in Puppet, writing collective extensions, using Hiera.
- Experience working in a start-up environment is highly desirable.
- Experience architecting and building high availability systems for scalability.
- Proficiency with Bash scripting languages.
- Experience monitoring database systems (MySQL, Cassandra) in a high-availability, high-transactional environment.